[Esip-discovery] Please consider input for Moore Foundation's RFI on Data Intensive Science

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Tue Sep 6 16:48:29 EDT 2011

Hey, ESIP Discovery folks:

Please check out this RFI on DataIntensive Science at (http://dis.ideascale.com/).  You can submit your own idea or comment on the ideas already submitted, some of which already parallel (or contradict) our own experiences in ESIP, such as "Can Technology Break Down Cultural Barriers to Data Sharing?" (http://dis.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Can-Technology-Break-Down-Cultural-Barriers-to-Data-Sharing--/38746-14743)

Note that they support tagging of ideas, so you can tag your idea with an "ESIP" tag...

The deadline to have your input considered is this Sunday, Sept. 11.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Erin Robinson <erinrobinson at esipfed.org>
> Date: August 31, 2011 3:50:22 PM EDT
> To: "esip-all at rtpnet.org" <esip-all at rtpnet.org>
> Subject: [ESIP-all] ESIP Contributions to Moore Foundation's RFI on Data Intensive Science
>
> Hi All -
>
> The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation's Science Program is seeking the [ESIP] community's feedback on where to invest in the area of data-intensive science. This is not a proposal solicitation, and there is no promise of funding in this area. However, your contributions will help the Moore Science Program find areas of investment that can make the most difference in the domain of Data Intensive Science.
>
> Since ESIP is a broad-based, distributed community of data and information technology practitioners, there is significant overlap in the work the ESIP community is doing and the ideas that have being submitted so far such as:
> * Virtual Environments for Scientific Collaboration
> * Data Management Education
> * Data Journals
> * Data Visualization
>
> Participation in the idea collection is through three mechanisms (http://dis.ideascale.com/): (1.) Submit an idea (2.) Comment on an idea already proposed to flesh it out (3.) Vote on ideas and share through facebook/twitter to promote. To help other ESIP members identify ESIP-relevant projects please add an ESIP tag to your idea or note it in the comments.
>
> Best -
> Erin
>
> Erin Robinson
> Information and Virtual Community Director
> Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
> www.esipfed.org

Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185