[Esip-discovery] Discovery Cluster Meeting this Tuesday, Sept. 13

Ruth Duerr rduerr at nsidc.org
Sat Sep 10 16:48:08 EDT 2011

Hi Chris,

I just spent an hour or so editing what you've written and adding the scenario (more or less snitched from my 2009 ACCESS proposal) and writing a blurb about data casting.  I suspect I'll be able to write a blurb about service casting also this weekend.  That principally leaves the governance and conclusion sections as the completely empty parts.

It would be good if you could walk through the document as it exists with the group.  It may need to be reordered for example.  It would be best if you or Hook could write up a paragraph about the Discovery cluster governance process.  How and why it came about, what the steps are, etc.

Given that the charette is now at the beginning of November, I think that there will be one more telecon with this group that could be used to finalize this document; but getting folks to actually have the time to write anything seems to be the problem.  I guess the question is who are the authors, is there any credit to be had, and issues such as that.  I had presumed that this would be submitted as a product of the cluster; but it seems to me that anyone who contributes should be listed as an author.  Also, at this point I think you've done the most so should get first authorship.

Ruth