[Esip-discovery] ESIP 2012 Winter Meeting: agenda for Discovery Sessions

Hua, Hook (388C) hook.hua at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 29 20:50:55 EST 2011

Based on our recent Discovery telecons, a more detailed tentative agenda
has been posted for the two Discovery sessions:

(1) Discovery Workshop on Thursday (Jan 5)
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php?title=ESIP_2012-01_Discovery_Workshop

This session will focus on the top two voted topics:
A. Interoperability for OGC services (45-min)
B. Interoperability for OpenSearch in various types of casting (45-min)

(2) Discovery Planning on Friday (Jan 6)

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php?title=ESIP_2012-01_Discovery_Planning

This session will tentatively focus on other topics to push forward on.
A. Draft DCP-3: Where do we go from here? (25-min)
B. Faceting and Custom Fields Discussion (25-min)
C. Some Lessons Learned from Apache Solr-based Faceting (10-min)
D. Any Other Topics for Discovery? (10-min filler)
E. Leveraging the Discovery Testbed (20-min)

Eric volunteered to coordinate on (B) "Faceting and Custom Fields
Discussion". 25-minutes allotted as requested.

Since we still have time available, I tentatively filled in (C) and (D). I
can volunteer to talk about (C) some lessons learned from Apache
Solr-based faceting. (D) is general discussion for prioritizing our needs.
(E) "Leveraging the Testbed" is purposely scheduled last to take our fresh
discussion of the Discovery cluster's needs and focus it on how the
Discovery Testbed can meet those needs.

Any thoughts?

--Hook