[Esip-discovery] Fwd: Reusable OpenSearch client

Pedro Gonçalves pedro.goncalves at terradue.com
Tue Nov 13 10:18:09 EST 2012

Hi Chris

Terradue got the funding to work on the OpenSearch and its extensions from the GENESI-DR and GENESI-DEC projects, funded by the European Commission.
Terradue also deployed that interface for the operational search engine of the ESA Grid (G-POD), where all ESA data is available.

Our work within these infrastructures was then leveraged for the definition of the OGC documents "OpenSearch Geospatial Discussion Paper" (OGC 09-084) and the OpenSearch and Geospatial extension (OGC 10-032).

These infrastructure and standardization efforts are the basis of my discussions and collaboration with ESIP so far.

I'm now trying to get a new funding opportunity (hopefully European Space Agency will contribute it) in order to move this further, and also standardize the Earth Observation extensions. If all goes well, I hope to restart working on it soon.

ciao, pedro

p.s. you have also this GEO Supersite url
http://eo-virtual-archive4.esa.int/
http://eo-virtual-archive4.esa.int/search/description

Pedro Pereira Goncalves
http://www.terradue.com