[Esip-discovery] EarthCube Brokering Hack-a-Thon 3 Announcement

Steven F. Browdy steveb at omstech.com
Tue Jan 15 10:31:45 EST 2013

Dear Hack-a-Thon Participant, EarthCube Participant, ESIP Members, GEOSS
AIP Participants, and Others:

The EarthCube Brokering Concept Award team invites your participation in
our third Hack-a-Thon event. If you participated in the first or second
Hack-a-Thon, let me thank you again for your contributions.  Hack-a-Thon
3 will feature ERDDAP (the Environmental Research Division's Data Access
Program). This hack-a-thon will be handled a little differently from the
previous ones. There will only be one web meeting, where ERDDAP will be
introduced, demonstrated, and participants can attempt data access via
ERDDAP with browsers and other client applications. This meeting will
take place via WebEx on January 25 from 11:00 - 13:00 EST.

For those of you who would like to have datasets "registered" with
ERDDAP you will need to contact Bob Simons (bob.simons at noaa.gov), with a
cc: to Steve Browdy (steveb at omstech.com), as soon as possible and
provide the URL of the service or dataset, and name of the standard
protocol that is being used (OPeNDAP, SOS, etc.). If more information is
needed, you will be contacted. If you do not have datasets to register,
but are interested in learning about ERDDAP and how to use it with
various client applications, go to the EarthCube Brokering Hack-a-Thon 3
(http://earthcube.ning.com/group/brokering/page/brokering-hack-a-thon-3)
page. Material and links related to ERDDAP can be found there. The WebEx
details for this hack-a-thon will be sent to you in the near future,
with a follow-up reminder during the week of the meeting. If you wish to
participate, please mark January 25 between 11:00 and 13:00 EST in your
calendars.

Thanks again, and we look forward to a successful Hack-a-Thon 3.

--
Steven F. Browdy, Ph.D.
President
steveb at omstech.com