[Esip-discovery] a possible approach for incremental improvement of data search through generalized tools

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Tue Jan 29 12:48:53 EST 2013

On Jan 29, 2013, at 12:43 PM, Erin Robinson wrote:

How do you know you'd be blocked? That seems like a strange policy.

This information comes from our NASA coordinator of social media.

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) <christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov<mailto:christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov>> wrote:
So, one suggestion that might help this issue is if Wikipedia had more entries about our data and tools.  For instance, there is no page on Precipitation Data (describing sources, types, etc.).  There is only a stub entry for Giovanni.

Turns out, though, that Wikipedia does not want NASA employees like me contributing.  They would actually block me if I tried to edit from a NASA machine.  So this kind of thing would need to be a community/private citizen effort....

Thoughts?
--
Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185<tel:301-614-5185>

Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185