[Esip-discovery] ESIP Discovery Cluster Telecon, Tuesday, Feb 12 at 4:00 ET / 3:00 CT / 2:00 MT / 1:00 PT

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 12 08:07:32 EST 2013

On Feb 11, 2013, at 4:24 PM, Eric Rozell <rozele at rpi.edu> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> The next Discovery cluster telecon is tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb 12 at 4:00 ET.  Agenda and call details are below and posted on the wiki.  Please reply or add to the agenda if any other topics should be discussed.
>
> Regards -
>
> Eric
>
> Agenda
> 	• Status of RFC
> 	• Proposal for returning collection level data access points
> 	• Other topics

Got a late-breaking topic here:
Yoshiyuko Kudo  pointed out to me that there is no standardization and little support for phrase search, e.g., the phrase "air temperature".  This is a good canary-in-a-coal-mine phrase for our discipline because "air" and "temperature" can coexist in many datasets that do not have "air temperature", so even the logical AND is not enough.

So if we were to adopt this as a requirement in our convention:  would any search providers be unduly burdened by this requirement, or is it just a matter of some extra configuration and indexing in the search engines being used?

> Call Details
> To start or join the online portion of the meeting:
> https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1
>
> 	• Click join next to the meeting name. (Note: If the meeting has not yet started, join will not be visible, and it will say 'Display Info'. Wait a minute and refresh screen)
> 	• Enter your name and email address
> 	• If you are asked for a password, enter the access code: 231 407 50 with no spaces or #.
> To join the audio portion of the Conference meeting:
>
> Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-669-3239
> Attendee access code: 231 407 50#

Dr. Christopher Lynnes, NASA/GSFC, ph: 301-614-5185