[Esip-discovery] Standard metadata in collectioncasts

Eric Rozell rozele at rpi.edu
Tue Feb 19 14:15:00 EST 2013

I'm currently working on a project  interested in harvesting the CF standard names in opendap metadata.

I thought this might be an interesting use case for collection casts.

I currently dont have a way of determining which opendap datasets belong to the same collection other than inspecting the URL paths.

What would be useful is an aggregate feed of the standard parameters provided in a particular collection.  Could we add an (optional) list of parameters from a standard vocabulary that are shared across all datasets from a collection?

Not sure if this has been previously discussed or not.

Cheers,
Eric