[Esip-discovery] idea for session for ESIP summer meeting

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 23 15:46:45 EDT 2013

"Practical applications of ESIP Discovery Conventions"

Take from 1-3 practical problems faced by users that ESIP discovery conventions can solve and either
(1) put together a working solution before the meeting and walk through how it is done at the meeting, or
(2) try to put together a working solution in real time as a group.

For choosing the problem we could:
(a) propose our own, based on what users have told us over the years, e.g., seasonal search + download (heard it from a user couple weeks ago)
(b) poll the ESIP community before the meeting, or
(c) solicit ideas at the meeting.
Note that if (b) or (c), we should also have (a) in our back pocket in case we don't get any.

Does this sound like a viable session?
Which solution methodology do you like: #1 or #2?
Which problem selection: a, b, or c?
--
Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185