[Esip-discovery] New specification for the OpenSearch Parameter Extension

Doug Newman douglas.j.newman at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 19 15:44:50 EDT 2013

It was all so simple before!
The current usage of the template parameter in the ESIP RFC is still
valid I believe.

This does afford support for additional specification of parameters that
were a hole in certain areas.

For example, spatial constraint via WKT. We could now use the pattern
attribute to limit a services supported spatial types within WKT.

ECHO only supports polygon, linestring and point within WKT. Until now
we had no means of describing that in the OSDD.

Another concern is that the huge buy-in for Open Search was largely
driven by it's simplicity. We are moving away from that.

Doug Newman - ECHO Operations Lead
douglas.j.newman at nasa.gov
douglas.newman at vangent.com
Vangent, A General Dynamics Company | NASA | ECS Evolution Development Program
http://earthdata.nasa.gov/echo

Note: I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action of payment.