[Esip-discovery] Fwd: OpenSearch Description and ATOM Documents Validation

Steve Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Thu Jul 11 20:00:29 EDT 2013

W3CDTF  ( <http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime>
http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime) is only a ‘recommendation’ according to
the dc documentation (
<http://dublincore.org/documents/2012/06/14/dcmi-terms/?v=elements#elements-
date>
http://dublincore.org/documents/2012/06/14/dcmi-terms/?v=elements#elements-d
ate); the XML schema at
http://www.dublincore.org/schemas/xmls/qdc/2008/02/11/dc.xsd implements date
as any simple content.  (Golly, I love Dublin Core, its soooooo flexible)

Anyway the W3CDTF doesn’t look like it allows intervals, that’s probably why
the validator gagged (although what’s in the atom is technically correct*,
since there’s no binding to a profile anywhere
).

steve

Stephen M Richard

Arizona Geological Survey

416 W. congress #100

Tucson, AZ

AZGS: 520-770-3500

Office: 520-209-4127

FAX: 520-770-3505

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpledc xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.dublincore.org/schemas/xmls/qdc/20
08/02/11/simpledc.xsd">
<dc:date>2002-04-29T04:35:38Z/2002-04-29T05:19:53Z</dc:date>
</simpledc>
is valid according to Oxygen