[Esip-discovery] Reminder: Notification of next ESIP Discovery Telecon 1:00pm PST / 4:00pm EST today 01/13/15

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Tue Jan 13 10:08:21 EST 2015

Doug,
  I will be able to be there only for the first 30 minutes or so.  Could we swap the order of the agenda items?

On Jan 13, 2015, at 7:52 AM, Doug Newman via Esip-discovery <esip-discovery at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-discovery at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen,

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Telecon_2015-01-13

Agenda

  *   ESIP review

 * Improved relevancy implementations in dataset searches is the primary goal of the Discovery Cluster in 2015 see: File:Relevancy Heuristics.ppt<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/File:Relevancy_Heuristics.ppt>
 * Facets - useful to the user, a pain to implement through the current OS specification. How can we fix that?

  *   CEOS OpenSearch Best Practices Draft: http://www.ceos.org/images/WGISS/OpenSearch/CEOSOpenSearchBestPracticeDocument-draft.pdf
  *   ESIP Summer 2015 Discovery Session

--
Doug Newman - ECHO Operations Lead
douglas.j.newman at nasa.gov<mailto:douglas.j.newman at nasa.gov>

Note: I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action of payment.

Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away" -- A. de Saint-Exupery