[Esip-discovery] Discovery Cluster Call Today - Agenda winter sessions

David Neufeld david.neufeld at noaa.gov
Tue Oct 10 16:58:33 EDT 2017

Sorry Ed, just missed you (ran late from another meeting).

Let's try generating some discussion over the list (or switch over to an
esip slack channel).

I think the question at hand is whether the discovery cluster would like to
organize a submission for the winter meeting.

One idea might be a panel discussion submission on enabling/improving
discovery of earth science data that support 'socioeconomic value and
benefit of Earth science data'.  From my perspective, I don't necessarily
know what economists are focused on when looking for earth science data to
support their analyses.  We could pull in some folks for DOC, Census, NOAA
and NASA to discuss the topic to help better identify search
characteristics for that user group.

Thoughts?

Dave