[Esip-discovery] Discovery Cluster telecon is scheduled for 1:00pm PST / 4:00pm EST next Tuesday 02/13/18

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 9 13:23:28 EST 2018

Hi Dave,
I would like to raise an item for kick starting transition of work we’ve done over at ESDSWG Search Relevancy --> ESIP Discovery Cluster.
Amongst other things, we have two successive years’ recommendation’s which provide ‘best practices’ for how (in particular) data providers such as DAAC’s improve search and discovery. I would like to utilize the ESIP Labs project as a mechanism for proving and further developing some of these recommendations through software implementations. We could also utilize the new Google Summer of Code program, which ESIP is participating in for the first time, to further some of our goals and objectives.
We have also uncovered a whole host of interesting yet undiscovered research within the area of Applications of User Characterization in Search Relevancy. I think widespread awareness of this work (through ESIP Discovery) could really kick start the agenda moving through 2018.
Lewis

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.
Data Scientist II
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group (398M)
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099