[Esip-discovery] FW: [EXTERNAL] Session Proposal Form

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-5860) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Sat Apr 18 13:21:13 EDT 2020

Just submitted our session proposal for Summer ESIP:
What if users could find Earth science data by starting with how they plan to use it? For instance: "I want to predict landslides: which datasets will help me do that?" This is the problem that the Discovery Cluster is currently addressing with technologies like linked data and graph databases. This session will bring together coders, data and information curators, and end users to develop simple prototypes to explore the different ways in which intended data usage can lead directly to finding the most useful datasets. Bring your own use case or work on one of the Cluster's use cases. Bring your own usage-data relationships, or work with the Cluster's datasets.

—
Christopher Lynnes   NASA/GSFC    mobile: 410-231-4573
“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” A. de St. Exupery