[Esip-discovery] Use Case "Repository"

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-5860) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Tue May 12 13:01:07 EDT 2020

Irina,

I love that idea of mining help tickets!

I’ve read through the tickets and 43889 (Help Obtaining data – MERRA) and 43376 (Reanalysis data request) fit pretty clearly into the Usage-based Discovery wheelhouse. (I admit that when I was at GES DISC, I was not always sure which MERRA datasets to use for what purposes.)

The others are interesting in that they expand the notion of discovering datasets to discovering combinations of datasets and services.  I think that we should capture those as well, but perhaps put them into a Phase 2, after we figure out “simple” discovery…
—
Christopher Lynnes   NASA/GSFC    mobile: 410-231-4573
“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” A. de St. Exupery