[Esip-discovery] [EXTERNAL] Use Case "Repository"

Armstrong, Edward M (US 398P) edward.m.armstrong at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu May 21 12:22:29 EDT 2020

Hello: I added an ocean/atmosphere research use case this morning.

-- Ed

From: Esip-discovery <esip-discovery-bounces at lists.esipfed.org> on behalf of "Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-5860) via Esip-discovery" <esip-discovery at lists.esipfed.org>
Date: Monday, May 18, 2020 at 2:21 PM
To: "esip-discovery at lists.esipfed.org" <esip-discovery at lists.esipfed.org>
Subject: Re: [Esip-discovery] [EXTERNAL] Use Case "Repository"

So we got a pretty good haul here:  nice diversity of user types and use cases.  Time to figure out how best to use them!

I’d like to float this suggestion for the July hackfest:

(1)               Pick one use case to flesh out beforehand with some wireflows<https://www.nngroup.com/articles/wireflows/> (a flowchart + wireframe mashup). Propose this use case for “live” prototyping by the code-inclined participants in the hackfest:  simple UI with a small graph lookup of usage -> dataset, and list of datasets returned.

(2)               Pick a couple other use cases for the less code-y folks to participate in, where the emphasis would be sketching out the wireflows, and identifying the usage-dataset relationships required.

So, please think about this, esp. if you have some alternate ideas, and we can discuss this at our meeting on Thursday.
—
Christopher Lynnes   NASA/GSFC    mobile: 410-231-4573
“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” A. de St. Exupery

On 5/11/20, 17:34, "Esip-discovery on behalf of Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-5860) via Esip-discovery" <esip-discovery-bounces at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-discovery-bounces at lists.esipfed.org> on behalf of esip-discovery at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-discovery at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:

(OK, it’s just a slide deck, but anyway, here is the input we’ve received to date from other clusters:  https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1u1dvqEB0ZZmxRqKDPN4DrIu4f9_r6TfYAlcVUAJUtMM/edit?usp=sharing<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_presentation_d_1u1dvqEB0ZZmxRqKDPN4DrIu4f9-5Fr6TfYAlcVUAJUtMM_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwMGaQ&c=ApwzowJNAKKw3xye91w7BE1XMRKi2LN9kiMk5Csz9Zk&r=wGUjZntCVZd_0RfHkUyi5nt60hYIHfuz8TuYqGTTTOIC3GyzxW-xjOqs-Ck3ToTH&m=h1QyRrr7qQ8Z6m-_kmolU9ucWcZXQ7L9VN03CUCNuyc&s=JPTCyfNgnUTmBVv6KPuguAJQ9t6zCkXM2kXpNJAIwwU&e=>)

—
Christopher Lynnes   NASA/GSFC    mobile: 410-231-4573
“Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.” - C. Mingus