[Esip-discovery] Crowd-sourcing research article classification

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-5860) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 1 11:08:29 EDT 2021

Hi, Discoverers!

I have written up an “instruction sheet” for classifying research articles for the Usage-Based Discovery database. (This was one of the suggestions from the SM21 foraging workshop.) I have also put together a 7200-article repository (with dataset relationships) assembled from input from PO.DAAC, ORNL DAAC and LP DAAC.

Can Discovery cluster folks take 5-10 minutes to check out the instructions here: Help us Classify Research Articles for Usage-Based Discovery! - Federation of Earth Science Information Partners (esipfed.org)<https://wiki.esipfed.org/Help_us_Classify_Research_Articles_for_Usage-Based_Discovery!> and maybe try a classification or two in the Repo?

The article repo link is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OV615GKwPlQ5ti6bczGQPYGNslkNX9qvzqdLZvuoryo/edit?usp=sharing

We would like to advertise the instruction sheet in Sara’s forthcoming blog, so if some of you could try the process out briefly in the next two days, that would be great!

(Note, we can add more relationships if folks have them available; it can be a living repository.)
--
Christopher Lynnes   NASA/GSFC    mobile: 410-231-4573
“I love it when a plan comes together.” — Hannibal Smith