[Esip-discovery] June ESIP Discovery Cluster Meeting

Blythe, Jonathan N Jonathan.Blythe at boem.gov
Wed Jun 15 13:28:21 EDT 2022

Hi Folks,

  The focus of the June ESIP Discovery Cluster Telecon is to continue planning the ESIP summer meeting, scheduled for July 19th at 11AM EDT:

Human atlas of Earth science information: a use case for Federated Knowledge Graphs: Sched link<https://2022esipjulymeeting.sched.com/event/12esR/human-atlas-of-earth-science-information-a-use-case-for-federated-knowledge-graphs>.

    The ESIP Summer conference will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual participation, which could present some challenges.  For example, this kind of format does not lend itself as well to an interactive experience like the virtual ESIP meetings from the past two years.  Therefore, we are planning a slightly more traditional conference session focused around a series of complementary talks from practitioners that are members of the discovery cluster who have been pursuing research related to usage based discovery in their day to day work.  The presenters will be meeting on Thursday of this week, and will be sharing presentation materials well ahead of the conference session to hopefully draw out the themes and take away messages that we want to get across at the session in July.  Please feel free to join us if you are interested in this topic and want to help us plan the session, or if you just want to listen in and find out what we're up to.  The telecon connection details are copied below:

Thank you,
Jonathan Blythe

Scientific Data Manager
Environmental Studies Program
Bureau of Ocean Energy management

ESIP Discovery Cluster Telecon
June 16, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87349930390?pwd=QVVkcmtLazBkb25KaWJicXlVQWdpZz09<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.zoom.us%2Fj%2F87349930390%3Fpwd%3DQVVkcmtLazBkb25KaWJicXlVQWdpZz09&sa=D&ust=1643988524272000&usg=AOvVaw2RlUTE8NNXJSP70RLNyP58>
Meeting ID: 873 4993 0390
Passcode: 788950
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,87349930390# US (Washington DC)