[Esip-documentation] NetCDF satellite swath example added to wiki

Aleksandar Jelenak - NOAA Affiliate aleksandar.jelenak at noaa.gov
Fri May 3 13:56:19 EDT 2013

Hi Ed,

I wanted to change the title of your wiki page to allow for more than
just one specific example but that also changed the page's link so the
new one is:

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/NetCDF-CF_File_Examples_for_Satellite_Swath_Data

Hope you don't mind.

I have added two templates for Level 1 satellite data which seemed to
have received unofficial approval by the CF powers that be about a
month ago. They are very similar to what I presented at the ESIP
winter meeting.

I plan soon to ask the cf-satellite community if there is enough
interest to reboot the efforts on getting something about satellite
swath data into the CF convention and would use the wiki page for
posting examples. The idea is to see if there are some usage patterns
that can be turned into best practices and then a new chapter of the
convention.

       -Aleksandar