[Esip-documentation] New ACDD home page

John Graybeal graybeal at marinemetadata.org
Fri May 3 20:37:34 EDT 2013

One last topic for the day.  I added 3 discussion topics to the end of the Discussion page, they are below. If you have a fairly definitive answer to any of these, you may provide it via return email and I will add it to the page and move forward accordingly.

If you want to offer an opinion, can I suggest we do that on the Discussions page?  I don't think you have to be logged in (which can be a pain sometimes). Or the moderators of this email list can say if they want to encourage those discussions on-list.

John
Adding Guidance

Do we want to provide any guidance, in addition to the definition?

Computability

I often try to make the definition of a parameter clear enough that a computer could recognize and do something with the answer. Is that strongly desirable, weakly desirable, or not of interest?

Cross-Referencing

There are other pages with guidance and discussion about these terms. Do we want to refer the user explicitly to them, either in the document as a whole or in specific terms?

John Graybeal
Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org
graybeal at marinemetadata.org