[Esip-documentation] Strategic plan and ACDD

David Neufeld - NOAA Affiliate david.neufeld at noaa.gov
Sat Jan 18 11:09:53 EST 2014

Haven't looked recently, but there were some built-in flattening
capabilities in the NetCDF libraries export to NCML methods. It would be
good to revisit with some more recent NetCDF/HDF files with proposed group
examples.  An initial problem identified in the NetCDF library with
flattening was related to non-unique element names being produced and
colliding, a bug was filed and perhaps updates have been made Unidata.

If the XSL has an OR statement that allows both the 1.2 ACDD mappings along
with flattened 2.0 names seems like it could be a relatively painless
transition (at least in theory!).

Dave