[Esip-documentation] follow-up to February Telecon

Stevens, Tyler B. (GSFC-610.2)[Wyle Information Systems, LLC] tyler.b.stevens at nasa.gov
Thu Mar 6 11:56:59 EST 2014

Ted,

Good suggestion; we could put together a short presentation about GCMD's metadata quality efforts and our plans for the CMR metadata reconciliation process to ensure continued quality.

Tyler

From: Ted Habermann [mailto:thabermann at hdfgroup.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:57 AM
To: Stevens, Tyler B. (GSFC-610.2)[Wyle Information Systems, LLC]
Cc: Kelly Monteleone; Documentations
Subject: Re: [Esip-documentation] follow-up to February Telecon

Tyler,

Thanks for checking in. We talked a bit about the summer meeting last week. Right now we are thinking about a bit of a focus on data quality. One session with an introduction to 19157 and a couple of examples (GHRSST, GSICS), then a hands on session with data quality Q&A and examples from the group.

There will also likely be a session on approaches / tools for incorporating ISO into products. Barry and Jeff are pulling that one together with input from HDF as well.

Finally, I expect that there will be a session in the HDF Workshop on conventions, reporting on the HDF-EOS evolution work going on in ESDSWG.

My own selfish suggestion for a GCMD presentation would be something focusing on convergence in NASA metadata systems. I have heard the buzzword "metadata reconciliation". Maybe we could do something on that topic and relate it to the general quality theme.

Any other thoughts out there?

Ted

[cid:image001.png at 01CF3933.2DABE8B0]