[Esip-documentation] ACDD adjudication meeting today!

John Graybeal via Esip-documentation esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Oct 14 13:22:49 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reminder, but we are having our third and hopefully final ACDD adjudication meeting today. It will be at the usual time (2 PM Eastern, 11 AM Pacific). Call-in details below (here's a direct webex link). The results get forwarded to the ESIP Documentation Cluster full meeting on Thursday.

We have five topics to approve or discuss, and will deal with them in the following order:

(1) contributor_role: (row 38, column G of Version Changes): proposed consent item, updating text

Added the text "Multiple roles should be presented in the same order and number as the names in contributor_names." This was to address the issue raised: "Need guidance on how to format the role values so they are associated with the corresponding name values, such as use same index in each attribute array. _Philip jones"

(2) program (row 29, columns G/I of Version Changes): Newly proposed attribute and defintion(s):

original proposal:
"The overarching program(s) of which the dataset is a part."
proposed replacement:

"A program consists of a set (or portfolio) of related and possibly interdependent projects that meet an overarching objective. Examples: GHRSST, NOAA CDR, NASA EOS, JPSS, GOES-R."

(3) Geospatial Bounds attributes:

3A) geospatial_bounds  (row 38, column G of Version Changes): Newly proposed definition

3B) geospatial_vertical_units (row 45, column G of Version Changes): Proposed for consent (complex definition)

3C) geospatial_vertical_positive  (row 45, column G of Version Changes): Proposed for consent (minor addition)

3D) geospatial_*_units  (rows 47 & 49, column G of Version Changes): Proposed for consent (minor change)

(4) Datestamp and Timestamp attributes

We will work with the Datestamps spreadsheet in discussing this item. We will follow this sequence:
(a) Determine if we can agree on any improvements to date_created, date_modified, and date_issued definitions.
(b) Determine if we can agree on any additional attributes.
(c) Determine if we can agree on any other changes, e.g., to the Attribute Content Guidance.

For 4c, we will use the text in the 1.3 document for the discussion.

(5) Any remaining topics or concerns.

See you on the call.

John

=================

To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
2. Click the “Meeting Center” tab
3. Select the YOUR MEETING NAME
If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23138372

To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
Global call-in numbers: https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=9910728&tollFree=1
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf

Attendee access code: 231 383 72