[Esip-documentation] ACDD status

John Graybeal via Esip-documentation esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Sat Dec 6 21:21:02 EST 2014

Hi Philip,

Sorry this is a bit delayed, I'd like to understand what you have in mind. Is the product version identifying the product instance, or the algorithm/methodology applied to the product?

If product_version is identifying the algorithm/methodology instance, perhaps the definition can be "The version identifier of the algorithm or methodology applied to produce the data."

What would you expect in these two attributes if the data set has been processed through a pipeline of 3 applications, each implementing its own algorithm?

Given Nan's documentation of the existing definition/use of the history attribute, can you describe how software_version adds value to that?

John