[Esip-documentation] ACDD-1.3 documentation change request: Descriptions of "resolution" attributes

David Neufeld - NOAA Affiliate david.neufeld at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 25 16:02:50 EST 2015

Hi All,

I  recommend the examples for all resolutions be updated to drop embedded
units, because the resolution will always refer to units of the axis.

In other words the units are already described by the following attributes:
geospatial_lat_units, geospatial_lon_units, geospatial_vertical_units.

Duplicating units as an embedded value might minimally result in
inconsistencies in the documentation.

The description could be revised along the lines of:
>From version 1.3 - Information about the targeted vertical spacing of
points. Example: '25 meters'
To version 1.3.1 - Information about the targeted vertical spacing of
points, units are referenced by the global attribute
geospatial_vertical_units. Example: '25'

Dave