[Esip-documentation] ACDD-1.3 documentation change request: Descriptions of "resolution" attributes

David Neufeld - NOAA Affiliate david.neufeld at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 25 19:28:43 EST 2015

John,

Good point, the constraint is not declared, but was inferred during ncISO
development.  Note, ncISO provides a calculated value for resolution when a
dataset is CF compliant.

Dave

Thanks for weighing in David. Your rewording satisfies one issue, but
leaves a question.

Referencing the line above: I can't find this constraint declared anywhere
previously. Is there a specific basis for it? (Perhaps that the name of the
attribute implies the units have to be georectified?)  Otherwise I would
expect to support equidistant units also, since that's the organization of
many observing grids.