[Esip-documentation] on documenting instrument and platform metadata

Aaron Sweeney aaron.sweeney at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 16 18:41:15 EDT 2015

Thanks very much for the guidance, John.  I think I may stick with the
NODC or OceanSites platform and instrument variables to define the
particular instances.

That being said, for my two use cases, I think I can still capture the
type of platform and instrument in the ACDD global attributes. This
amounts to:

     :platform = "DART"
     :platform_vocabulary = "NASA/GCMD Platform Keywords. Version 8.0"
     :instrument = "BOTTOM PRESSURE GAUGES"
     :instrument_vocabulary = "NASA/GCMD Instrument Keywords. Version 8.0"

and

     :platform = "COASTAL STATIONS"
     :platform_vocabulary = "NASA/GCMD Platform Keywords. Version 8.0"
     :instrument = "TIDE GAUGES"
     :instrument_vocabulary = "NASA/GCMD Instrument Keywords. Version 8.0"

Cordially,
Aaron