[Esip-documentation] ACDD 1.3 and ISO mapping

Ted Habermann thabermann at hdfgroup.org
Wed Aug 9 18:42:26 EDT 2017

Anna,

Do you have a list of changes for us slow readers?

Ted

==== Ted Habermann ========================
Director of Earth Science, The HDF Group
Voice: (217) 531-4202
Email: thabermann at hdfgroup.org
==== HDF: Software That Powers Science ====

From: Esip-documentation <esip-documentation-bounces at lists.esipfed.org> on behalf of "esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org" <esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 4:33 PM
To: "esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org" <esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org>
Cc: Roland Schweitzer - NOAA Affiliate <roland.schweitzer at noaa.gov>
Subject: [Esip-documentation] ACDD 1.3 and ISO mapping

Hello Documentation Cluster,

A small NOAA group completed an improved mapping of ACDD 1.3 to ISO 19139. I believe that Roland and Kevin will be updating the NcISO code in THREDDS based on this mapping.

https://docs.google.com/a/noaa.gov/spreadsheets/d/1-WCqMij3EUrsWZg9BNvR9gaa_oo6ooj83gmkwSjZBbg/edit?usp=sharing

It would be great if you can take some time to review to make sure it makes sense for your non-NOAA communities.

We can talk about this in a future Documentation Cluster if that is helpful and I'd like to get the ACDD wiki<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attribute_Convention_for_Data_Discovery_(ACDD)_Mappings> updated with this mapping also.

Cheers,
Anna
*~~~~~~Metadata Adds Meaning~~~~~~*
Anna.Milan at noaa.gov<mailto:Anna.Milan at noaa.gov>, 303-497-5099
NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information
(formerly NOAA’s National Geophysical Data Center)