[Esip-documentation] ESIP Winter Meeting recap

Stevens, Tyler B. (GSFC-610.2)[Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies] tyler.b.stevens at nasa.gov
Thu Jan 18 20:15:38 EST 2018

Sean,

Thanks. I think that the Winter meeting sessions went great. Is anyone familiar with the Metadata 2020 effort? See http://www.metadata2020.org/. It would be interesting if we can apply any of their concepts and methodology to our work at NASA, NOAA, USGS, etc.

Tyler Stevens
Senior Discipline Engineer
NASA's Global Change Master Directory (GCMD)
SGT, Inc.
https://gcmd.nasa.gov/<https://mail02.ndc.nasa.gov/owa/redir.aspx?C=V8CgRYg3bQhQJTfp1SZy8qz17zr57afdr3RPnU2Q1JJ5D_SfSAfVCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fgcmd.nasa.gov%2f>

From: Esip-documentation [mailto:esip-documentation-bounces at lists.esipfed.org] On Behalf Of Sean Gordon via Esip-documentation
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:20 PM
To: esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Subject: [Esip-documentation] ESIP Winter Meeting recap

All,

Thanks for proposing great sessions. All three were well attended, to the point where people told us they left the Tuesday sessions because there was nowhere to sit! Luckily we had a bigger room for Friday because we had even more attendees!

Looking forward to a great year of monthly calls and a fantastic Summer Meeting.

We’d like to rely on all of you this year to keep coming up with great ideas for the monthly meetings and sessions! If anyone has an idea for a presentation they’d like to give, or one they’d like to hear we’re happy to facilitate setting up the call.

Best,

Sean