[Esip-documentation] Help Requested in Filling Out a Short Survey on Sensor System Metadata Creation and Management Practices

Connor Scully-Allison cscully-allison at nevada.unr.edu
Wed Jan 24 18:34:57 EST 2018

Hello Subscribers to the Documentation Cluster,

My name is Connor Scully-Allison. I am a student fellow with ESIP for the
2018-2019 year and I would sincerely appreciate your help in assisting my
research by filling out a short survey for me. If you manage or interact
with any sort of environmental sensor system your feedback from this survey
will be invaluable to me. (I have posted this request in the envirosensing
cluster already, however Annie Burgess suggested that I post it here as
well)

This survey, asking various questions about your current environmental
sensor system metadata collection and management practices, will be used in
my research to hopefully demonstrate the need for a dedicated mobile
application that provides metadata management tools. A selection of results
will be published in a article I'm working on for a special issue of *The
International Journal of Computers and their Applications *detailing the
software engineering process used to build this application. I will
additionally place the raw collected data on FigShare in the interest of
hopefully returning some value from this survey back to the ESIP community
and anyone else who might be able to make use of it.

The survey can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/yxkZVv6I4Vx8nal72

It should take less than 5 minutes to fill out and all the responses are
collected anonymously. If you know anyone else who is not on this listserv
but might also be able to help with this research please feel free to pass
this link on to them.

The questionnaire will be up for a few more days -- ending on this Friday
(January 26). So, please, if you have a few minutes I would sincerely
appreciate any and all responses I can get for this survey.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Connor Scully-Allison
ESIP Student Fellow
University of Nevada, Reno