[Esip-documentation] Session Planning followup

Sean Gordon scgordon at hdfgroup.org
Mon Mar 26 17:14:44 EDT 2018

All

   Thanks to those able to attend today’s meeting to brainstorm for ESIP Summer Meeting sessions. We identified three sessions we’d like to pursue. Please do feel free to include your ideas as well. Use the Google Doc here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YGNbR3nlafpBvbe8hQSj3LK3noirx8eguAedo_Ib3y0/edit?usp=sharing> to do so. Just append a copy of the template on the second page to the document and fill out the sections with your idea! Feel free to reach out to any of the session leads if you’d like to participate in drafting that session, give a talk, or just share an insight.

Metadata Improvement Lab: Preparedness for Large Scale Discovery – Working focus on Schema.org to facilitate Google for datasets
Session Lead: Sean Gordon

Metadata Tools: Lightning Talks and Discussion – Working focus on tools for publishing, curation, evaluation, and other metadata tasks from around the ESIP community
Session Leads: Tyler Stevens and Anna Milan

Metadata Capabilities Update: Standards and Recommendations – Working focus on ISO, UMM-S, UMM-VAR
Session Lead: Ted Habermann

The session leads and anyone with an idea will aim to have drafts done by April 14th. We’ll use the remaining time to edit, discuss, and finalize our proposals for sessions through email.

Best,

Sean