[Esip-drone] Seeking your input

LuAnn Dahlman - NOAA Affiliate luann.dahlman at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 4 16:12:08 EST 2016

Hello, Aviators!

The Education Committee has been developing content to encourage the use of
recreational drones for K-12 STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and
Mathematics) learning activities. We intend to offer two 45-minute Webinars
this spring and a one-day Educator workshop at the 2016 summer meeting.

We'd really like to build on the knowledge and expertise of folks in this
cluster. We want to help educators take advantage of the explosion of
recreational drones available, but we're currently perceiving more of an
offset than an overlap between drone use for Earth science research and
opportunities for using recreational drones for small scale learning
activities... I'm hopeful that your greater pool of experience and
expertise can help us here.

We would appreciate it tremendously if you can find a few minutes to have a
look at our developing plans
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1iFCsjpWTZUnGMyUGJk3r2PKZrtY9er9-Lrz3O9ot8Yo/edit#slide=id.g11a77b6b97_0_6>
and provide input and feedback. It's a working document, so feel free to
insert comments on any slide, or share your ideas via email to me or this
list.

Speaking for the Education committee, I look forward to incorporating your
expertise into our emerging effort.

Thanking you in advance,
LuAnn

--

*LuAnn Dahlman*

Science Writer and Editor

Contractor – NOAA Climate Program Office
CollabraLink Technologies, Inc.
Phone: 480-734-3124

luann.dahlman at noaa.gov | http://www.collabralink.com