[Esip-drone] ESIP Drone Cluster: IDW Follow Up

Lindsay Barbieri lkbar at uvm.edu
Thu Sep 22 17:35:48 EDT 2016

Hello ESIP Drone Cluster,

Last week, Jane and I attended the International Data Week
<http://www.internationaldataweek.org/> in Denver, Colorado where we
presented (pdf)
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Qa6lbSok3Ia0t0dzYwbkFsNzQ> on the
opportunities and challenges of using Drones for Earth Science,
particularly regarding data management. We will be submitting a paper on
our work to CODATA's Data Science <http://datascience.codata.org/> journal.
If you would like to be involved, please let us know.

A primary goal was to spark conversation around Drone Research Data, and to
start forming potential collaborations within the international Research
Data Alliance <https://rd-alliance.org/> (RDA) community. The next step may
be to form an Interest Group within RDA - not as an alternative to our ESIP
Drone Cluster, but as a way to enable further engagement with the
international science drone user community.

If you are interested in learning more about our possible next steps with
the RDA, or would like to work with us on the paper, please contact us
directly.

We also look forward to sharing more about these experiences at our Telecon
on October 20th!

Your Drone Cluster Co-Chairs,

Lindsay Barbieri (Bar) - lkbar at uvm.edu
Jane Wyngaard - jwyngaar at nd.edu

--
Lindsay Barbieri
PhD Student, Rubenstein School of Environment & Natural Resources