[Esip-drone] Drones and Semantic Sensor Networks at the ESIP GeoSemantics Symposium

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 18 16:25:46 EST 2016

Afternoon Lindsay, Jane and esip-drone@,

Tom, Beth and I (and a few others) are currently organizing an ESIP Semantic Technologies Committee (STC)-hosted GeoSemantics Symposium [0] which will be taking place on Tuesday January 10th, 2017 in the Middlebrook Room, Bethesda North Marriott, Bethesda, MD. You will notice that this is co-located one day prior to the ESIP Winter meeting so we hope that people can make it and provide input into what is shaping up to be an exciting day connecting several communities.

With the renewed interest in the Semantic Sensor Network Ontology [1] primarily driven by the W3C Spatial Data on the Web (SDW) working group and the current interest in drone technologies and their application to the Earth Sciences, we hope that both Drone and Semantic Technologies communities @ESIP can connect at the GeoSemantics Symposium.

At this stage we are looking to

1.       gauge individual/group interest in the event. If you are interested in attending, please register your interest at [3]. We will be hosting the meeting remotely as well so please register your interest even if you cannot make it in person as we will accommodate that.

2.       Interested to hear from people who would like to demo software/hardware relating to the topic of GeoSemantics.

3.       Interested to hear from ongoing/past/future Testbed projects which do/could relate to the topic of GeoSemantics.

4.       Interested to hear general comments about what you would appreciate from an agenda on this topic. Please let Beth, Tom and I know.

Please also forward this email to colleagues, relevant mailing lists and other appropriate platforms.

Thanks in advance

Lewis

(On behalf of the GeoSemantics Symposium Organizers and ESIP STC)

[0] https://esipfed.github.io/stc/symposium.html

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-ssn/

[2] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Main_Page

[3] http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attendee_List

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.

Data Scientist II

Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group 398M

Jet Propulsion Laboratory

California Institute of Technology

4800 Oak Grove Drive

Pasadena, California 91109-8099