[Esip-drone] UAV training for E.Africa contact

Bill Teng william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Fri Mar 17 13:56:41 EDT 2017

fyi: Patrick Meier gave a plenary talk at ASPRS this past Wed, similar
to the one he gave at ESIP but with more recent examples.

Bill

On 03/17/2017 12:55 PM, Jane Wyngaard via Esip-drone wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In case any of you have partners there - from Humanitarian UAVs
>
>  **********************************
>
> Dear All,
>
> WeRobotics <http://www.werobotics.org/> is offering professional,
> hands-on training on the use of UAVs/Drones for humanitarian,
> development and environmental projects on May 14-18 (tentative). The
> training will take place in beautiful Tanzania and include the
> operation of fixed-wing and multi-rotor UAVs along with training on
> best practices and lessons learned. In addition, professional training
> on imagery processing will be provided.
>
> In order to keep the training hands-on, space is limited. If you're
> interested in joining this training, please complete this form by
> March 31st
> <https://docs.google.com/a/irevolutions.org/forms/d/1T0gUy6VYL9OS7hXu1nQLZ-P9grcg8JtnoVGLwferJag/edit?ts=58cb03e5> at
> the very latest. We'll then provide you with more details on draft
> agenda and pricing. Preference will be given to applicants from the
> East African region.
>  **********************************
>
> ++++++++++++++++
> Jane Wyngaard, PhD
>
> Data Science Technologist
> Centre for Research Computing
> University of Notre Dame

* Bill Teng, Ph.D.                   |  William.L.Teng at nasa.gov        *
* Goddard Earth Sciences DISC        |  (301) 614-5164 (voice)         *
* (ADNET Systems, Inc.)              |  (301) 614-5268 (fax)           *
* NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   |  http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/     *
* Code 610.2                         |                                 *
* Greenbelt. MD. 20771  U.S.A.       |                                 *