[Esip-drone] Notes from RDA and Drone Data Opportunities

Lindsay Barbieri lkbar at uvm.edu
Fri Sep 29 16:30:09 EDT 2017

Dear ESIP Drone Cluster,

As mentioned, we attended the Research Data Alliance (RDA) P10 last week,
and had some wonderful discussions around sUAS Data. We will have a debrief
at our next Telecon, including follow up plans for our ESIP Winter Session
-- but in the meantime:

*1. *Take a look at our sUAS Data Session Notes
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UDDGRpWBIIXFpq0tk9iHg9L1hexWccTQPg2hzdHxhVk/edit>
from
P10 and add to the notes if new thoughts emerge (we'll use this to frame
our next meeting).

*2.* Comment on the RDA sUAS data wiki
<https://github.com/RDA-sUAS-Data-IG/sUASData/wiki> / post an issue - we
are using this as a platform for a global conversation on the sUAS data
challenges, and we hope to gain momentum in its use.

*3.* Consider working with us on a Research Co-ordination Network (RCN)
proposal
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s132g7fMYKNnddvhA7X6OTBaeSOEJxWuScsJVfY3D0U/edit?usp=sharing>
to facilitate
domain discussions (via workshops) and prototyping best practices to answer
the sUAS data challenges we've laid out (copy in session notes). We are
aiming to submit this proposal by January 2018, and are seeking more
collaborators. Any interest /  comments are very welcome!

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on any of the above documents, so
please don't hesitate to reach out on the docs or via email. Feel free to
forward on to other sUAS user or data practitioner you think might be
interested.

all the best from your co-chairs,
Lindsay Barbieri (Bar)
Jane Wyngaard

--
Lindsay Barbieri
PhD Student, Rubenstein School of Environment & Natural Resources