[Esip-envirosensing] Workshop - Remote Data Acquisition & Sensor Training

Renee F. Brown rfbrown at sevilleta.unm.edu
Thu May 9 19:05:15 EDT 2013

Good evening colleagues. We still have a few slots remaining for our upcoming sensor training workshop (details below). Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Visit our website to see what last year's participants had to say and feel free to contact us at rda at sevilleta.unm.edu if you have any questions.

2013 Remote Data Acquisition Sensor Training Workshop

We are pleased to announce our second annual Remote Data Acquisition Sensor Training Workshop, sponsored by the University of New Mexico Sevilleta Field Station and the Long Term Ecological Research Network Office. This intensive training workshop will be held June 16-22, 2013 at the Sevilleta Field Station in central New Mexico. We will employ a combination of field demonstrations, lectures, hands-on activities, and discussions focusing on three general topics related to the remote acquisition and transmission of environmental sensor data: (1) photovoltaic power for instrumentation, (2) Wi-Fi networking and telemetry systems, and (3) Sensor theory and Campbell Scientific datalogger programming.

Participants will be expected to pay for their own travel expenses to the Albuquerque, NM airport in addition to a registration fee of $500, which will cover housing, meals, and other workshop expenses. Participants will share field station residences, typically with two people per room. Shuttle service will be provided at no cost to and from the airport.

The number of attendees we will be able to accommodate is limited. Preference will be given to technicians, graduate students, postdoctoral associates, and early career faculty who demonstrate research needs in one or more of these areas.

For more information and to apply to the workshop, please visit http://sevfs.unm.edu/workshops/rda2013/index.html