[Esip-envirosensing] [ESIP-envirosensing] REMINDER: Monthly Telecon Tuesday January 27 4 PM EST

Fox Peterson fox at tinybike.net
Mon Jan 26 13:53:55 EST 2015

Hi everyone,
Just a reminder that we will be having our Monthly Telecon tomorrow
(Tuesday) afternoon at 4 PM, EST. Connection information is below:

4:00pm
 Envirosensing
WhenTue, January 27, 4pm – 5pm
Description
To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com 2. Click the “Meeting Center” tab 3.
Select the YOUR MEETING NAME If a password is required, enter the Meeting
Password: 23138372
To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll number
(US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*:
+1-571-918-6008 Global call-in numbers:
https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=9910728&tollFree=1
Toll-free dialing restrictions:
http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf Attendee access code:
231 383 72

Our connection link is:
https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/j.php?MTID=m59e2018c96991608c943eb07c5b07ea2

This month we will be speaking with Rick Susfalk from the Desert Research
Institute about Acuity.

It would also be fantastic if we could get a few volunteers to speak for
the next few months. Some topics we have been interested in are found on
our wiki page and include:

   - Citizen Science contributions to environmental monitoring
   - 'open' sensors - non-commercial sensors made in-house, technology,
   use, best practices
   - Latest sensor technologies
   - Efficient data processing approaches
   - Online data visualizations
   - New collaborations to develop new algorithms for better data processing
   - Sensor system management tools (communicating field events and
   associating them with data)

If one of these (or another topic) peaks your interest, please let us know.

We look forward to "seeing" you all online,

Sincerely,
--
Fox Peterson,
Faculty Research Assistant,