[Esip-envirosensing] student intern and leadership

Corinna Gries cgries at wisc.edu
Wed Oct 28 15:20:34 EDT 2015

Hi All,

This e-mail is prompted by the fact that several new ESIP student intern have expressed interest in working with the Envirosensing collaboration-area. We have had an amazing student intern with Fox Petersen over the last year. She has organized many highly interesting presentations and discussions for this group and was very active and engaged at the ESIP summer meeting. We would like to thank her for all her efforts and wish her well on her next professional endeavor.

Back to the subject line - Don and I think that it is also time to change the leadership for this group. We know that there are many interesting sensor related projects funded and ongoing in our community and hope that one of you will step up, take the reins and inject new ideas and directions to this group. Clearly a lot of help for this job will come from the student intern, but we hope that there are some new initiatives coming from our group giving the student guidance and making the internship a worthwhile learning experience.

Please let us know if you are interested. Our group doesn't have any bylaws governing leadership change and elections in case there are many interested individuals, but I am sure ESIP can give us some guidance.

Thanks for all your contributions over the past few years and we are looking forward to contributing to the group from a different position
Corinna and Don