[Esip-envirosensing] topics for calls and workshop

Kilaru, Vasu Kilaru.Vasu at epa.gov
Tue Mar 8 10:51:04 EST 2016

Hello everyone

I like Janet's idea for some kind of workshop/training in Chapel Hill this summer pertaining to ontologies and semantic web.

Here at EPA's Office of Research and Development, the Air, Climate and Energy Research Program has a component for air sensors research.  I could talk about the air sensors research program on a future call and/or as part of part of a session at the summer meeting in chapel hill.  One of the issues we are grappling with is that of data/metadata standards for air sensors and the evolution of those into ontologies and semantic web.  That way, Janet's and her colleagues work on X-DOMES is of great interest to us here at EPA.

Anyway some thoughts.  Feel free to comment.

Regards

Vasu

=========================
Vasu Kilaru
Physical Scientist

U.S. E.P.A.
Office of Research and Development
National Exposure Research Laboratory
Exposure Methods & Measurements Division
Sensing & Spatial Analysis Branch

TEL: 919.541.5332
FAX: 919.685.3180
Email: kilaru.vasu at epa.gov<mailto:kilaru.vasu at epa.gov>