[Esip-envirosensing] EnviroSensing cluster sessions at ESIP Summer 2018

Scotty Strachan scotty at dayhike.net
Tue Jun 26 13:40:37 EDT 2018

Greetings fellow EnviroSensors!

We have secured two session slots for the ESIP Summer meeting, with the
idea that we will continue forward with the discussion and ideas
surrounding streaming sensor data QA/QC tools/procedures and the
metadata associated. These are informal "working" sessions, that will
have a combination of short presentations and group discussion.

A few people from the Cluster have signed on to do short (5-10 min) case
study or idea pitch presentations, but there is room for a couple more.
If you are attending and would like to present, read the session
abstracts (http://sched.co/Eyq1, http://sched.co/EyqJ) and contact Renée
or myself (strachan at unr.edu) with your idea.

The first session (http://sched.co/Eyq1) on QA/QC workflow will look at
some current practices but also get into some development/project ideas
that the Cluster has been working on. One of the anticipated outcomes is
a high-level scope of work for integrating basic QC into a widely-usable
streaming web service such as CHORDS.

The second session (http://sched.co/EyqJ) is really designed as an
opportunity for people to pitch ideas related to gaps in streaming
sensor metadata collection and interchange. Which standards/protocol(s)
works best for typical applications, and how well do they align with
metadata capture technologies (e.g., mobile applications, XDOMES)? One
potential outcome would be a Cluster collaboration on diving deeper over
the next year on an existing metadata standard to make it more
"streaming-sensor-workflow" friendly.

We are looking forward to seeing many of you at ESIP Summer 2018!

Cheers,

Scotty & Renée