[Esip-envirosensing] Envirosensing Updates and Notice of September Telecon Canecellation

Connor Scully-Allison cscully-allison at nevada.unr.edu
Fri Aug 30 16:13:12 EDT 2019

 Dear fellow EnviroSensors,

On account of the upcoming three day weekend preceding our usual cluster
call, there will *not* be a call next week for the month of September. We
will resume normal operation with a telecon on the first Tuesday in October.

We also have some news and notifications for everyone concerning the
recently passed summer meeting and the upcoming winter meeting.

First, all slides, takeaways, and the recording of our EnviroSensing
Cluster session at the 2019 ESIP Summer Meeting Session can be found online
at this address:
https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/PtPe/envirosensing-sensor-data-technology-and-best-practices.
Additionally, the recording of the 2019 ESIP Summer Meeting Highlights
Webinar can be viewed at https://youtu.be/vbA8CuQz9Rk, with the full slide
deck located here: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.9397061.

Finally, we would like to remind everyone that the 2020 ESIP Winter Meeting
will be held January 7th-9th, 2020 in Bethesda, Maryland (
https://2020esipwintermeeting.sched.com). Megan will be putting out the
call for sessions in the next few weeks and we will likely be discussing
the possibility of an envirosensing session for that meeting in October. So
please come to us, by email or in the October meeting with any thoughts or
ideas you have on this matter.

We have a number of exciting topics and presentations lining up for our
future calls, including use of thermal imaging in the field, more LoRa
telemetry, and Open Hardware advances. Stay tuned!

Thank you,
Scotty, Renée & Connor