[Esip-envirosensing] Reminder: Cluster call tomorrow, Tuesday 3 March at 2p Pacific / 5p Eastern

Scotty D Strachan strachan at unr.edu
Mon Mar 2 16:42:31 EST 2020

Dear EnviroSensors,

Tomorrow is our monthly cluster call, we will have a guest presentation back on the issue of sensor data QA/QC management. We're excited to see where this project is in development. I got a chance to preview with Collin and J. Scott back in December at AGU. If you like data QC, software development, and microservices architecture, you won't want to miss this one!

Talk title:
Dendra: sensor management & curation

Dendra is a cyberinfrastructure project for real-time sensor data storage, retrieval, management, and curation. It is a cloud-based, multi-organizational system, designed to support massive permanent monitoring efforts. The name is derived from dendritic networks, such as river networks or tree roots. Environmental monitoring performs in a similar manner, pulling data from the earth's surface to a single location.  It is currently used by the Eel River Critical Zone Observatory, University of California Natural Reserve System, and Moore Foundation California Heartbeat Initiative.

Presenters:  Collin Bode, Data Manager, Eel River CZO and J. Scott Smith, system architect for Dendra, UC Berkeley.

Telecon Info:
Tuesday, 3 March 2020 at 2p Pacific / 5p Eastern
To join, go to https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/895837693
You can also dial in using your phone: 646-749-3122; access code 895-837-693

Cheers,
Scotty & Renée

[University of Nevada, Reno]<http://www.unr.edu/>

Scotty Strachan, Ph.D.
Director of Cyberinfrastructure
Office of Information Technology

Director, Nevada Climate-ecohydrology Assessment Network
College of Science
University of Nevada, Reno

work-phone: 775-682-5015<tel:775-682-5015>
cell-phone: 775-721-1308<tel:775-721-1308>
email: strachan at unr.edu<mailto:strachan at unr.edu>
twitter: @ScottySci<https://twitter.com/scottysci>