[Esip-envirosensing] Reminder: Cluster call today

Scotty D Strachan strachan at unr.edu
Tue Mar 2 11:57:00 EST 2021

Dear EnviroSensors,

Just a reminder that we have a Cluster call today on the topic of video "microtutorials" for EnviroSensing best practices and technologies. Jay Pearlman from the Ocean Best Practices System will lead off with his group's experiences and potential alignments with our efforts here.

Our working session at ESIP Winter went well, and many excellent points and suggestions were made about how to proceed. We all agreed to make the microtutorial project one of our primary cluster efforts over the next year+. The Chairs will facilitate, but we really need you, the community, to decide which pieces you want to bite off and lead/execute.

If progress towards a video microtutorial "recipe" or "template" for various dimensions of EnviroSensing hardware, software, data, or practices, is something you would like to contribute to, don't miss this call! Based on the Winter session, we expect teams/volunteers to coalesce, with incremental objectives as well as project/proposal targets.

Additionally, our colleague Joseph Bell from USGS is graciously stepping into the role of cluster co-Chair - over the past couple of years, Joseph has significantly contributed to Cluster activities as well as leading Cluster conference sessions. Please join us in thanking Joseph for being willing to share the Cluster workload moving forward!

NOTE: ESIP is moving to the Zoom platform, see new coordinates below!!

Agenda:
Welcome & Introductions - 5min
Cluster announcements - 5min
Jay Pearlman - Ocean Best Practices System perspective: developing, distributing, and archiving best practices - 15min
Winter ESIP session recap and microtutorial steps forward - 30min

Telecon Info:
Tuesday, 2 March 2021 at 2p Pacific / 5p Eastern
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85237873060?pwd=YXJpSldadkdGR3hGL1EwR3NQcTVFUT09
Meeting ID: 852 3787 3060
Passcode: 534639
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,85237873060# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,85237873060# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 852 3787 3060
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcFoC7RRQs

Looking forward to seeing you there! As always, feel free to forward to interested colleagues.

Cheers,
Scotty, Renée, Joseph, and Kristina

Scotty Strachan, Ph.D.
Director of Cyberinfrastructure