[Esip-esda] Friendly Reminder: ESIP ESDA (Analytics) telecon Thursday, June 26, 3 EST

Kempler, Steven J. (GSFC-5860) via Esip-esda esip-esda at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Jun 26 14:18:14 EDT 2014

Hi,
To our telecon agenda, I added potential topics, for discussion, that we may want to address at our cluster breakout in Frisco.  See below:

The next ESIP ESDA telecon will be Thursday, June 26, at 3 EST

- WebEx: https://esipfed.webex.com/ , 23136782
- Telecom: 1-877-668-4493, 23136782#

Agenda:

1.  Recap of last month's telecon (5 min)– Steve

2. Guest presenter:  Ralph Kahn, Scientist, describing his views and experiences using large amounts of heterogeneous data in his research. (10 min)

3. Data Publications in Data Browsers for  Earth System Science (5 min)- Joan

4. Preparations for ESIP ESDA Breakout Meeting in Frisco (30 min)– Steve

Potential topics for ESIP ESDA cluster meeting (not ordered)
1.    Data Analytics tools matrix – Gleaning out what tools can provide
2.    Use case Matrix Analysis – Gleaning out Data Analytics needs
3.    Summary of past speakers – Gleaning out highlights:  Data Analytics needs and/or tools and their targets
4.    Gaps Analysis… What Gaps are we filling?
5.    Tool Matchup group update – Matches tools with data.  Interest here:  Match Data Analytics tools with data.  User dependent: Who are the target users?  Do they start with data or tools.  Visit User Model Matrix
6.    Invited Speaker (waiting to hear back): Role of the Data Scientist in facilitating the definition and subsequent usability of Data Analytics to further Earth science research
7.    Data Publications in Data Browsers for Earth System Science

Looking forward to hearing you all, Steve