[Esip-esda] ESIP ESDA Telecon notes posted

Ruth Duerr via Esip-esda esip-esda at lists.esipfed.org
Fri Oct 24 13:13:53 EDT 2014

Hi Steve,

I haven’t been able to join your telecons - they always seem to conflict with some other meeting that I am required to go to.  However, I do keep up with your notes - so thanks for sending them out all the time (I might need to start doing that myself for the preservation telecon).

I am very interested in your developing set of definitions for types of analytics and think that the RDA terminology working group would like to include them - they are trying to standardize data-related terminology across the world and for all disciplines so that folks can start having more immediately meaningful discussions about data interoperability.  Towards that end I think adding your definitions to the vocabulary they are developing would be a great contribution by ESIP to RDA and the science community writ broadly.

I don’t know if you or anyone else in your group are involved with RDA at all; but think that those definitions should be shared as they evolve.  The RDA group’s home page is at https://rd-alliance.org/group/data-foundation-and-terminology-wg.html and they have a semantic wiki where they are keeping the definitions at http://smw-rda.esc.rzg.mpg.de/index.php/Main_Page

Ruth

PS: I like your plan to publish a review paper on this…!