[Esip-esda] ESIP ESDA Telecon notes on line at...

Brand Niemann via Esip-esda esip-esda at lists.esipfed.org
Wed Nov 26 16:18:47 EST 2014

From: Esip-esda [mailto:esip-esda-bounces at lists.esipfed.org] On Behalf Of
Kempler, Steven J. (GSFC-5860) via Esip-esda
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 6:45 PM
To: esip-esda at lists.esipfed.org
Subject: [Esip-esda] ESIP ESDA Telecon notes on line at...

Hi,

Hope you are well.  Our next ESIP ESDA Telecon will be Thursday, November
20, from 3 to 4 EST.

*	WebEx: https://esipfed.webex.com/ , 23136782
*	Telecon: 1-877-668-4493, 23136782#

Agenda:

1.  10 min - Recap of our last telecon on Diagnostic Analytics

2.  20 minutes - Discussion:  Descriptive and Predictive Analytics (and
expand our current Data Analytics Type Comparisons Table.  For current table
see:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Earth_Science_Data_Analytics/2014-10-23_Te
lecon)

3.  20 minutes - Planning ahead discussion:

- Winter ESIP Meeting ESDA Planning:  Sessions; Suggestions for guest
speakers
- Are we starting to learn enough to write a paper on the Types of Data
Analytics Utilized in (the various phases of) Earth Science

4.  10 minutes - Open Mic - Thoughts, Ideas
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Earth_Science_Data_Analytics/2014-11-20_Te
lecon

Thanks to all who attended.

Note 2 ESDA session in January:

1 - Earth Science Data Analytics 101:

Purpose: To 'educate' ESIP community on what Earth Science Data Analytics
means, and provide exemplary use cases.

Cluster Goal: Bring in speakers to provide their Data Analytics Use Cases to
stir innovation juices that can generate
ideas/techniques/collaborations/etc. that can facilitate/aid usage of data
analytics

2 - Earth Science Data Analytics 201:

Purpose: To scope a study that would meaningfully benefit the ESIP and broad
community; Develop an outline for the study

Cluster Goal: Discuss: Publish our findings; Generate a library of Data
Analytic methodologies