[Esip-esda] ESDA at ESIP Summer Meeting: Two Options to Vote on

Lindsay Barbieri lkbar at uvm.edu
Mon Apr 10 01:43:27 EDT 2017

Dear Earth Science Data Analytics Cluster,

In the spirit of transition, Shea Tiffany and myself are all uncertain of
our attendance / ability to host an ESDA session at the ESIP Summer Meeting
this year and session abstracts are due today.

There are two options we'd love your opinions on:

1. We are more than happy to support a session, and can put in our ESDA
cluster breakout session abstract today, if anyone from the cluster would
like to help take charge of organizing. Reply "option 1" with a sentence or
two on the theme you'd like to participate in, and we'll submit the
abstract and help you organize.

2. As a cluster, we have been discussing many cross-cluster collaborations.
We would be happy to support a semi-formal "collaboration" ESIP meeting
plan. We could reach out to other clusters, develop a collaboration session
list, and strategize an ESDA mission with ambassadors to attend those
sessions with cross-cluster work in mind. We'd have a report back at our
August Telecon, with the intention of identifying specific projects the
ESDA cluster could focus on.

Apologies for the short notice, and please let us know if you have any
thoughts by replying directly to Lindsay Barbieri at lkbar at uvm.edu

All the best,
Your Co-Chairs
Lindsay, Shea, Tiffany