[Esip-infoquality] Information Quality Cluster's Uncertainty White Paper

Peter Cornillon pcornillon at me.com
Sun Mar 11 20:55:34 EDT 2018

Hi Rama,

I added a couple of references, one some work that Fan Wu, Brahim Boussidi, Lei Guan and I recently published related to the spatial precision of SST data and the other a white paper written by the SST Science Team on the SST Error Budget. I think that the SST ST’s white paper is an excellent place to start when thinking of errors associate with satellite-derived fields. Although written for SST data, my sense is that it applies equally well to many other Earth science parameters measured from space. This white paper involved input from a broad slice of the SST community. The work was begun at a 2 1/2 day workshop focussed on the task and finished over the next 6 months or so with lots more input from workshop participants. Maybe you are already aware of it but it not I think that it is worth a look.

Peter

> On Feb 21, 2018, at 8:16 PM, Hampapuram Ramapriyan via Esip-infoquality <esip-infoquality at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:
>
> All,
> A slight change in the method of gathering information about your interest in participation. Rather than sending me an e-mail, I would appreciate your filling out the Google form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfix07ukOoHoekSXj1dDBd6T5Z9jWdlFw0aMGs3lW_G5nusBQ/viewform <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfix07ukOoHoekSXj1dDBd6T5Z9jWdlFw0aMGs3lW_G5nusBQ/viewform> on or before March 13, 2018. In this form you can also indicate if you are planning to attend the ESIP Meeting at Tucson, AZ this Summer.
> Thanks.
> Rama.

—
Peter Cornillon
 215 South Ferry Road               Telephone: (401) 874-6283
  Graduate School of Oceanography
    University of Rhode Island
      Narragansett, RI 02882 USA